Although Vaimoisa manor has been in its present location for more than 500 years, the earlier buildings from XV – XVI centuries have not survived. Stone buildings were probably destroyed in the beginning of the Livonian war in 1560s by Swedish and later Russian – Mongol army. It is possible, that parts of the fortified manor building are incorporated in the current builings ground floor.
The estate consists of different lime stone building for living and different agricultural and economis activities.
Construction of the recent main building was started in 1792 by the Nasackin family. It was probably erected on medieval slate walls. On the facade triangular frontone the coat of arms of Nasackin family still stands. Building was continued during the next owners Baranoff family, but the premature death of the master forced the family to sell the manor. Construction of the main building was finished only in 1818 by Heinrich von Wilcken.
Today, the main building is under heritage protection as an example of the early classical manor architecture of Estonia. The house has preserved its original planning, no major reconstructions have been made over times, so original front and communicating doors, stucco ceiling decorations in the ballroom, fireplace and wooden floors have excellently preserved to our days. Ground floor with cylinder vault ceilings in some rooms is designed for household activities. The original roof in the beginning of XIX century was made of pantile bricks, replaced with a tin roof in the beginning of the 20th century. New tin roof was placed in 2005 together with exact copies of XX century rainwater pipes originals.
Building is under national heritage protection as an example of early classical manor architecture in Estonia..
One of the oldest buildings of the whole manor complex. A building on the same place is marked already on the maps from XVII century. New building was constructed on the ruins of the old house in the end of the XVIII century. It was used as a home for manor’s governor and as a livinghouse for manor’s officials in the beginning of XX century.
CAVALIER HOUSE (GUESTHOUSE)
The house was finished in 1820 and comprised of four-five rooms with a central mantel chimney. During the XIX century it was prolonged from one end and rebuilt for economic activities. It functioned as a birdhouse, later as laundry room and dairy house. In the beginning of the XX century, a living quarter was built.
Till today the lime stone walls and original roof construction are preserved. Cavalier House is under heritage protection as a typical building.